Friday 1 March 2019

Product Review - Inconclusive


Generally when doing a product review, you go into detail about how a product has either changed your life or was a let-down. So what about those products that didn’t really make an impact, you neither love nor hate them? I’ve decided for the sake of inclusivity, it would be fun to review them as well.


Clarins Everlasting Foundation

I actually liked the application and finish of this foundation. Then what was the problem you ask; the colour. This foundation was too light for my skin tone. Whenever I wore it I either had to mix it with another foundation or apply it to my neck as well. Notice I didn't say blend it down to my neck, that's how severely wrong this colour was. 

It taught me a valuable lesson though; don't buy foundation you haven't seen outside of the beautifully lit cosmetics section at the store, no matter how reassuring the sales person is…


Garnier Miscellar Oil-Infused Cleansing Water

Funny enough I have repurchased this product… in a bigger bottle. This is due to the fact that I still wanna stick to the two step make up removal system before washing my face (see here).

Even though I haven't noticed a significant difference in my skin since using it, I have broken out or had an adverse reaction either. So I'm neither impressed nor particularly displeased with this product. 


NYX Butter Lipstick

With my general dryness, I always opt for moisturising products. That goes for my lipsticks as well. As cute as those matte looks are, they’re just too drying for me so I wear them sparingly. Sometimes I’ll start the morning with a matte lipstick and change it up during the day when my lips are screaming, “moisturise me!”

When I bought this lipstick I was hoping to use it as an everyday lip balm because I like colour on my lips but I also need moisture. Unfortunately the lipstick is not as buttery as I had hoped, and the colour payoff isn’t that great either. 

Yimina ozithobayo,

Snothando


Thanks for stopping by. If you enjoy my content Follow By Email and/or follow me on Instagram @Snothando to get notifications on new posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts