Friday 1 February 2019

Maternity Outfits/My Creations

As amazing as pregnancy is, it's not without its challenges. Among these are the physical body changes. Suddenly you're shaped like a potato with legs and most of your clothes either don't fit or look ridiculous on you.

When I found out I was pregnant I was excited to go maternity clothes shopping; the perfect excuse for a shopping spree/fashion makeover. But my expectations or fantasies were very far from reality. I don't know, maybe I didn't search enough, or go to the right shops, or give it enough time. All I can say is I was disappointed at the limited choices available.

The clothes I found were either matronly or too big or just not cute. You're better off looking for bigger sizes in the normal clothes section. To this day I've only bought one maternity dress that I've never worn because I don't like it. Probably only bought it because I refused on walk away empty handed that day. Or maybe for a moment I'd resigned myself to not looking my best for a period. I don't really know.

For the first, and most of the second trimester I was able to get on with most of my regular clothes. But the third trimester is proving a bit more difficult. Kinda threw me for a loop, but with a bit of creativity I'm steadily finding my feet. These are some of the outfits I've managed to put together.

Dresses and skirts

Bodycon dress and Kimono (both items made by me).

 


Crop top and high waisted skirt - also made my me!


Bodycon dress and duster vest (dress from Mr Price and vest from Legit)


Skinny jeans and tops

Skinny jeans, white shirt and a thing I made, lol. I really don't know what to call it.



Skinny jeans and strapless flare top; the top is one of my creations and can also be worn as a skirt.



Skinny jeans and punjabi


Luckily I've been able to dig up outfits in my wardrobe still, so far we're making it work. A couple more months to go, we'll see where this journey takes us...

Yimina ozithobayo,

Snothando


Thanks for stopping by. If you enjoy my content Follow By Email and/or follow me on Instagram @Snothando to get notifications on new posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts