Saturday 24 November 2018

Micellar Water vs Toner/ Everyday Night Time Skin Care Routine


A couple of months ago I bought micellar water. I’ve heard a lot of good things about it so I wanted to try it out. I use the micellar water as a secondary make-up remover after facial wipes. After a few uses I started wondering whether or
not I can use the water as a toner as well. So I did a little research and here’s what I’ve deduced:



Micellar water is a cleanser. It contains micelles (tiny oily molecules) that are partially dissolved in soft water; the micelles are the cleansing agent that attract and dissolve dirt and oil from your skin. It is recommended that you rinse your face after using the micellar water.

On the other hand a toner is used to restore moisture after cleansing your skin; you are generally not required to rinse it off. It also helps prep the skin for better absorption of nutrients from your mask, serum, and/or moisturiser.

Here’s how I incorporate the two products in my night time skin care routine (especially for days when I wear make-up):




Step 1:
I apply coconut oil all over my face, leave it for a minute or two then wipe it off using a facial wipe.

Step 2:
Apply a few drops of micellar water (currently using Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water) on a cotton pad and wipe off any access dirt.




Step 3:
Depending on how much energy I have left after a whole day’s work (and traffic) I either both cleanse and exfoliate or I do one of. For my cleanser I use L’Oreal Pure Clay Detox Wash and the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Exfoliator for exfoliating.

Sometimes I’ll use the L’Oreal cleanser with my cleansing brush and skip the ’chemical’ exfoliator.

Step 4:
Apply toner using a cotton pad. I’m using the Dischem Rose Water and have been for a while. Actually I used it as a make-up remover as well before I bought the micellar water.




Step 5:
Apply serum; I use the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair.

Step 6:
Moisturise. I have numerous moisturisers but predominantly use the Nivea Crème for my super dry skin.

Yimina ozithobayo

Snothando

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts