Wednesday 20 March 2019

My Creations #2


I went shopping for fabric like I do from time to time. I was actually shopping for upholstery fabric, but since I was already at the shop I decided to look around. In the bargain bin, always find treasures here 😎, I came across this red and blue fabric. The blue was almost metallic, and it looked interesting.

The fabric was on sale of course because it was the last piece left from the roll (about 2.25m), and it cost R57.

When I bought it I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to make. So it sat in my collection for a while until inspiration hit me. I decided to make, partially because I’m pregnant, an umpire waistline dress. For some reason, I’ve been eyeing and pinning a lot of these shapes on Pinterest.


The pattern was really simple, for the bodice I traced an already existing top whose fit I like. The bottom part was a rectangular cut that I simply pleated to create a bit more volume.


Yimina ozithobayo,
Snothando


Thanks for stopping by. If you enjoy my content Follow By Email and/or follow me on Instagram @Snothando to get notifications on new posts. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Older Posts