Thursday 14 February 2019

Products I’m Currently Loving


There’s nothing more satisfying than discovering a great product that works for YOU; totally tailored to make your life easier and more pleasant. Here are some of the products I’m currently loving.



The Maybelline Brow Satin Pencil – R129.95

I bought this pencil when I couldn’t find my other fave from NYX. I asked the assistant to recommend something similar to that pencil and she showed me the Maybelline satin brow pencil.

Actually this was my second attempt at finding a brow pencil. The first time another assistant gave me a sealed Revlon brow pencil (no tester available) and insisted it was similar to the one I was looking for. It wasn’t. It’s a fat marker meant to give you shoe-polish eyebrows. That lady owes me R169.

Anyway I made sure to test the Maybelline brow pencil before buying it; I was even prepared to walk away if they didn’t have a tester. Luckily they did.

It’s a retractable pencil, who doesn’t love that kind of convenience. The texture of the pencil is just right; hard enough that you don’t apply too much, but soft enough that you don’t have to bruise your skin trying to get some colour going. Well maybe ‘bruising’ is a bit of a stretch, but you know what I mean.

Moreover, the pencil has a bonus feature! A powder, loaded at the back of the pencil with a sponge applicator, which allows you to fill in your eyebrows. You have total control throughout the application to decide on the intensity you want; be it a light-barely-noticeable or the beat-to-the-gods look, totally up to you.

The pencil is also relatively cheaper than other similar products on the market. Definitely a fave!


Essence Ultra Gloss Nail Shine Top Coat – R44.95

It undeniably prolongs the life of your nail polish and gives that gel look finish to your mani; and the shine, OMG! Amazing.

It’s great value for money, performs better than some of the pricier top coats I’ve tried and as a result I always head straight to the Essence stand every time I need to restock.

To be honest all the Essence top coats that I’ve tried work very well, but this is by far the glossiest.


Nivea Crème R75.99

I absolutely love this product; the scent is amazing and brings back so many childhood memories for me. A little goes a long way, so the product lasts you much longer. I use it as a moisturiser for everything, face, body, hands, cuticles, heels, you name it. It’s a heavy cream, perfect for those of us who have extra dry skin.

It does require a bit more rubbing when applying, but leaves your skin feeling soft and supple which makes it totally worth the effort.


Zam-Buk – The Real Makoya – R5.50

These matte lipsticks and other coloured lip products we love so much can be pretty brutal on the lips. Dry, chapped lips are not only unsightly but can also be a source of discomfort. This is where good ol’ Zam-Buk comes in.

I didn’t really buy my first Zambuck, my husband accidentally left his in my bag. One day I was outdoors and looking for a lip moisturiser and this Zam-Buk was the only thing I had, so I put it on… ding ding ding Jackpot!

Even though I don’t particularly care for the smell the moisturisation is undeniable, all for under R6!!! I use it as an overnight moisturiser and in the morning before I apply my lipstick.

Yimina ozithobayo,

Snothando

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts