Wednesday 10 July 2019

Banana and Honey Hair Mask



I was triggered by one of my previous posts, see here, to try this recipe again. It was a disaster the first time and I swore never again. As I was writing that post I started wondering what possessed me to put banana in my hair in the first place.

I did a bit of digging to remind myself. It soon became clear that the benefits are immense, and they include:

·        Moisturises and softens - my favourite words.
·        Strengthens and seals ends - resulting in less split ends. Ding ding ding, JACKPOT! This phrase reminds me of Samantha of Sex and the City, lol. If you’re familiar with her character you’ll know that her excitement was for a whole different reason, but I digress.
·        Conditions and improves manageability.
·        Prevents dandruff on scalp.
·        Improves hair elasticity - therefore less breakage.
·        Adds shine.

It’s a no brainer right; I have to try this again!!


For this hair mask you will need:

·        Bananas  - 1 (depends on the banana size, and the volume of my hair)
·        Honey – 1 tablespoons
·        Almond milk – 6 to 10 tablespoons depending on the consistency you want
·        Coconut oil – 1 tablespoons
·        Jojoba oil

Please note the measurements are just a guideline. You can decided how wet or dry you want your mask to be, and how much you need depending on the volume of your hair.

Method


Add the peeled banana and almond milk and blend well. Now, this is the crucial step that I missed the last time, STRAIN THE MIXTURE! I did this using a small sieve. This eliminates the bits that cling to your hair for dear life and have you looking like you’ve been sleeping under a bridge for years.

Stir all the other ingredients into the strained mixture.

Apply the mask on hair as you would any other mask, cover with plastic cap and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. And the rest is history, or you can find the next steps in this post, see here.

Needless to say, I only had to rinse once this time and no banana bits were left in my hair. The mask left my hair feeling clean, silky and soft.

And in my best Aaliyah voice…

If at first you don’t succeed (first you don’t succeed)
Dust those banana bits off and try again
You can dust if off and try again, try again…
It might be buggin’on the first try
But what about the next try (huh, huh, huh, huh)…

Let me leave it there before I get carried away 😎




Yimina ozithobayo,

Snothando


Thanks for stopping by. If you enjoy my content Follow By Email and/or follow me on Instagram @Snothando to get notifications on new posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts