Monday 24 September 2018

My Everyday Make-up Routine

 

I’m a fan of all things feminine, but I wasn’t really that much into make-up until recently. What piqued my interest you ask…

Well, I had my wedding coming up and was under the impression that I’d be able to do my own make-up. I mean, how hard can it be? The YouTubers make it look so easy. Besides, if I do my own make-up I get to control the results. I can still look like myself, just a tad flawlessJ. Unfortunately both my planner and bridesmaids vehemently opposed this idea, and I succumbed. I still did my own hair though.

So even though I ended up using a professional on my big day, I’d accumulated a lot more make-up than usual; all in the effort to practice and perfect my skills. I must say, my practice sessions were mostly fun but sometimes frustrating. Have you ever followed a YouTube video step-by-step and still found that your results look nothing like the tutorial? Yoh!

Anyway, I’ve ended up with all this make-up lying around so I might as well use it, right?
I have developed an everyday make-up routine which includes:

1.      A single light layer of foundation. This just kinda blurs blemishes and evens skin tone while I still look foundation free (I hope). I alternate between Loreal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation and Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation at the moment. Love them both actually.

2.      Fill in my eyebrows. I prefer retractable pencils, sharpening is so primitive, lol. My favourite is the NYX Micro Brow Pencil, gives a more natural looking brow. I have also used MAC Spike Brow Pencil (which I was told was discontinued when I went looking for a refill, I could be wrong). I’m currently using the Revlon ColorStay Brow Pencil. It was recommended to me when I couldn’t find the NYX and I was too lazy to go around testing other products. It’s okay, alas a bit too thick for my liking. I will not be repurchasing it.

3.      Mascara – I’m currently loving the Loreal Paris Telescopic Mascara. It provides me with length and it’s less clumpy. I also have a couple of Essence mascaras; talk about value for money. You get better results than with most mascaras for half the price.

4.      Lastly, I put some colour on my lips – Mostly use tinted lip bums. I can’t say I’m particularly pleased with any of them really. Especially because I haven’t found one as moisturising as Vaseline while giving me lasting pigmentation, any suggestions ladies?

That’s it ladies! I’m ready to face the world!

Yimina ozithobayo

Snothando Shezi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts